Popular Japanese video games publication, Famitsu has revealed the numbers last week of what their Japanese readers has voted in regards of the PS Vita and Wii U
- 87% of Japanese gamers have an interest in purchasing a PlayStation Vita
- 44.8% they intend to purchase it on the day of release.
- 54.9% thought the system was “inexpensive” at it’s price point of $249 USD for the Wi-Fi model.
- 58% said they choose the Wi-Fi version over the 3G one ($299 USD)
- 38.3% of Famitsu readers polled said they had a good impression of the system after it was unveiled at E3, while 33.7% said they did not.
- 28% said they are undecided.
- 22.5% percent said it lacked impact, and many people commented that it seemed like a minor upgrade to the Wii.
While the numbers does not represent the whole Japanese gaming population, it does makes up of what people think over the Vita and Wii U. So, with that in mind, Sony will get a better sleep in night and Nintendo, they just need to work more on the marketing side of the Wii U.
Sony’s PS Vita is expected to be rule over the handhelds market in the holiday season this year according to various reports, while for Wii U, they are looking for a 2012 release of the home console.