In this post, I’m going to introduce you with the most popular backup manager in PS3 scene, multiMAN.
The project was started by Dean as a hobby and he really transform it into a massive set of functionality that comes at the convenience for every Jailbreak users out there. It got virtually everything you need in for PS3 homebrew, there are emulators integrated, Showtime which is a media player, file manager, auto-update for games and many more.
The installation is extremely easy, you just need to make sure that your PS3 is already Jailbroken with the specified CFW, and just download the package that has been provided. There you can just use the Install Packages function that popped out after your PS3 is “opened”. Note that you need a working USB flash drive to do that.
There you go, now you can enjoy what should the finest homebrew app in the scene. Here’s the changelog for the 2.04.00 version.
* Added: Display of embedded JPEG images in MP3 files for XMMB Music column
* Added: Pulsing of selected entry/title in XMMB display mode
* Added: Czech, Hungarian, Catalan, Galician and Indonesian languages
* Added: Other various tweaks and changes
* multiMAN LOGO Contest Winner: TheForce
* Cover server updated with latest 2644 game covers
* Changed “Download Themes” server back to my primary one
Update is available online and BASE/FULL packages may be available later. There are no major changes in this version, because most of the program is now stable enough (for my beliefs).
Download multiMAN EMULATOR PACK (SNES GENP VBA FBA FCEU) (20110611).rar (27.83 MB)
Download multiMAN ver 02.04.00 BASE (20110820-130000).rar (6.3 MB)
Download multiMAN ver 02.04.00 FULL (20110820-130000).rar (76.5 MB)