There is a report from a major BF3 publications site saying that all 5 Battlefield 3 game modes will be available on all 9 maps, and today DICE clarified on that, explaining all the game modes of Battlefield 3 in a latest Battleblog post.
- Team Deathmatch: the classic mode from Battlefield 1942 make it returns and will support up to 24 players on all 9 maps. No vehicles will be available in TDM.
- Squad Deathmatch: is inspited from Bad Company 2 and pits 4 squads of 4 players against each other, with one Infantry Fighting Vehicle available per map.
- Rush: the previous reiteration of Bad Company mode will be available in Battlefield 3 and will support up to 24 players on console and 32 players on PC. This time, M-COM stations cannot be taken out by explosives and have to be armed.
- Squad Rush: is back from Bad Company and will pit two squads of 4 players against each other, one squad defending the M-COM, the other attacking.
- Conquest: the classic Battlefield game mode is back and will be available in three flavors: 24 player maps on consoles, and 32 and 64 player maps on PC.
That’s not all, Battlefield 3 will also include an infantry only mode where it only transport vehicles are available, and a hardcore mode, which is identical to the hardcore mode in Bad Company 2.