The epic adventure of Final Fantasy XIII-2 is set for next year, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have some taste on it’s lore in 2011.
Interested? Well, a bunch of books will hitting the shelves in Japan later this year.
A Post Card Book will give every Final Fantasy fans out there something to read about on December 15 and contain CG illustrations featuring all the characters of the game: 24 post cards to be exact, with complimentary character introductions and the book will retail at ¥1,260.
A more proper book will also see a release, titled Final Fantasy XIII-2 Fragments Before and priced at ¥1,470. The novel will have different stories centered on the different protagonists.
- Serah: Memories of the year AF0.
- New Bodhum: A story of the year AF3.
- Snow: The story of his departure.
- Rygdea & Bartholomew: The creation of a provisional government, and the secret history of the founding of the Academy.
- Noel: The end of the world, a period of uncertainty.
It will be out the same day as the game in Japan, and written by Jun Eishima with supervision by Motomu Toriyama and Daisuke Watanabe.