Seven days ago, Lensbaby teased us with a post on Facebook saying that “7 days from now – on Valentine’s day – we’re announcing something that will make you fall in love with photography all over again” . Today, Lensbaby just contribute on adding the madness of Valentine’s Day with the new Edge 80 Optic.
- Focal Length: 80mm
- 12-blade internal aperture, controlled by a dial on the front of the optic
- Aperture range from f/2.8 through f/22
- Flat field of focus optic (when tilted, creates a slice of sharp focus, bordered by blur)
- Compatible with Lensbaby Composer Pro, Composer, Muse, Scout and Control Freak lens bodies (Edge 80 Optic is not compatible with the Composer with Tilt Transformer for Micro 4/3rds and Sony NEX Cameras)
- Minimum focusing distance: approximately 17 inches (0.43 meter) when the optic is extended forward in close focus mode and fully tilted
- Maximum focusing distance: Infinity
- 5 multi-coated glass elements, in four groups
- 46mm front threads (The Edge 80 Optic is not compatible with current 37mm Lensbaby accessories)
Lensbaby Edge 80 Optic price is $300.
Check out the press release and sample images here.