Bethesda promised that Skyrim will be getting a lot of post-release support in the vein of downloadable content and constant updates.
“For Fallout 3 we did five DLCs, that was a very aggressive path for us. Our plan now is to take more time, to have more meat on them [for Skyrim]. They’ll feel closer to an expansion pack.” Lead designer Todd Howard told Kotaku at the DICE Summit.
Bethesda will also be releasing free content in the middle of waiting for the DLC release. “Because that gap is going to be bigger, we want to put litle things out for free in between. We’ve already done that for PC with the high-res pack. We’re trying to figure out what those things are.”
Remember the video that was featured all the amazing things the team worked on after the game got released such as dragon mounts and undead butlers?
Todd said that ‘some’ might make it into the game as DLC, “There are definitely things in there that we are planning on exploring,”.
“That wasn’t all of it. It’s probably 60% of it. The other 40% doesn’t show as well in a video or we didn’t have good footage.” he added.
No timetable or release dates have been revealed yet but it looks like we will get something worth the wait.